Sunday, October 18, 2009

Name game and Misc.

Today at the table, DH and I were asking our kids to say some of the names we've put on a list to see how they sound coming out of their mouths. It's cute to listen to Elsa try to pronounce them so clearly. Averey was very opinionated on the names he liked, although he said he wouldn't want that to be his name. I wonder how long before they start asking us why all the talk about babies and names. I'm sure I will be announcing our news sooner than later this time, because once the kids hear about it, it will not stay a secret. It's a good thing that there's so much time for parents to decide on what to name their child. It may take an entire 8 or 9 months to come to an agreement, although I think the mother should get a little more pull (or push) because pregnancy and labor is such hard work. DH doesn't like any girl names that end in the sound "ee" because it reminds him of a fat girl's name. He likes very unique, yet tactful names. I am a fan of older, traditional, unique names...definitely trying to stay away from trendy names my kids will hate me for later in life. However, I also don't want my child being one of 4 "Emma's" or "Carson's" in their class.



I get a weekly update from babycenter.com telling me about what's going on with the baby, and my body (like I can't tell myself?). Here's a quote from last week:


You may notice some pregnancy-related discomforts already. Many women report sore breasts, fatigue, and frequent urination starting in the early weeks.


Really?? Hadn't noticed! Just kidding...


It's really interesting to get a visual on how big the baby is. I think last week, it said the baby was the size of a sesame seed, and looks more like a tadpole. How amazing to think that something so small can grow and transform inside of a woman's body, in a short 9 months into a precious baby. It said that this week, the baby's heart will form into the 4 chambers and begin beating.



Every day I'm praying for a healthy baby. I don't have an opinion on whether I want a boy or a girl (although I at least have girl clothes leftover from Elsa)...just a healthy baby. I'm also praying for friends who have been struggling to get pregnant. I know that God has a plan for all of us, and I pray that His plan includes children for this couple. They will be wonderful parents, and will raise the child(ren) to know and love the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment