Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Week 6 = Siesta



Well, I've officially made it to week 6, and the baby is now the size of a lentil bean. One of my friends is also pg and she commented how funny it is that the baby is always compared to food. If I remember correct from the past two pregnancies, weekly updates from babycenter.com compares the baby to food for the rest of the pregnancy. Maybe it's easier to compare it to food because all pregnant moms are hungrier than normal (well maybe not all, but I sure am).



I must say that I've been extremely tired this week, but napping is something to which I won't succomb. There's too much stuff to do, and so far Elsa has not taken a nap this week, thus making it difficult for me to get any kind of shut-eye. Unfortunately, she really needs the nap time because she is sick with croup right now. We had quite a scare last night, as she woke up having a hard time breathing, she was barking, choking, etc. I got nervous, but DH stayed calm and just held her, and got her to calm down. I think I got very little sleep because I kept checking on her, making sure she wasn't laboring too hard to breathe. I hope she's better by tomorrow because we are planning a trip to Rock Valley to visit gma. Knobloch. I sure hope I have some credit at the consignment store, too...it's nice to get cash at my "consignment" ATM.



I experienced something else new last night...we sold our dining room set on CraigsList. I'm not sure how I feel about selling on craigslist, though. Out of 3 emails I received regarding my post, 2 of them were scammers. Thank goodness for "J" who came to the rescue and hauled most the the dining room away last night. Considering we used that dining room table less than 10 times, I felt ok selling it. We decided it was (catch this) "too nice" to use as an everyday table with 2 children. It had upholstered seats and was counter-height, so it just wasn't practical for us to move and use in our new house. We will use the money to buy a more casual, family-friendly kitchen table.

No comments:

Post a Comment